The Ten Commandments of Effective Lifeguarding were developed as an online video series to be used by pool operators to help improve their lifeguarding training efforts. This West Bend Academy course uses the same ten videos and incorporates a 24-question final exam. These videos can be a fantastic in-service training supplement.
- Estimated Course Duration: 60 minutes
- Compliance Period: Indefinite
- Number of Modules: 11
This course has been adapted from the Ten Commandments of Effective Lifeguarding video series.
- No Texting
- Effective Communication
- Take In-Service Seriously
- Shallow Water Blackout
- Primary vs. Secondary Responsibilities
- Enforce Pool Rules Consistently
- Always be Rescue Ready
- 20 Seconds to Make a Rescue
- Stay Healthy and Hydrated
- Scan From Bottom to Top